ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
From age 3 through 18, youth progress through levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment.
- Preschool (ages 3-5) – Age appropriate introduction to golf with fun games designed to encourage interest and build confidence.
- Target (ages 5 and older) – An introduction to the First Tee Life Skills Experience.
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee it up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct. (No prerequisite)
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course. (Must successfully pass the PLAYer certification test)
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality. (Must successfully pass the Par certification test)
- Eagle (recommended minimum age 13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning. (Must successfully pass the Birdie certification test)
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community. (Requires Coach approval)